Indulge your appetite with Hearth-Healthy Dining.
Live More® deliciously.
Here at The Hearth, our culinary team takes pride in using fresh, seasonal ingredients to prepare delicious meals from scratch, every day. We call it Hearth-Healthy Dining—we even have special Meatless Mondays featuring plant-based menu items that will open your eyes and delight your palate.
Our trained chefs value our residents’ background and tastes. They’re eager to learn family recipes and will make every effort to incorporate them into our daily menus. Residents also share their special recipes at food committee meetings.
Our Executive Chef is passionate about leading our Resident Garden Club and encourages our members to take part in selecting the crops, as well as planting, nurturing, and harvesting the produce. These resident-raised vegetables are then served as hors d’oeuvres for social hours or are featured in Chef-led cooking classes.
Our garden herbs are also harvested each morning, when in season, to be used as flavorings for our signature Hydration Stations. We’d love for you to be a part of our very own farm-to-table experience. (Fresh mint makes a delicious and refreshing afternoon libation!)
For us, it’s all about the delicious details. We invite you to be our guest and get a taste for yourself!
To learn more about our dining, please contact us online or call us at 203-267-7100.
Meatless Monday features plant-based menu items and educates our residents on the benefits of eating less meat. In addition, reducing the consumption of farm-raised meat benefits the Earth by conserving precious resources such as water and fossil fuels. Here are several reasons why we endorse the Meatless Monday movement:
- Studies show red and processed-meat consumption is associated with colon cancer and increases the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- People on low-meat or vegetarian diets have significantly lower body weights, and weight-related health problems.
- The meat industry generates nearly one-fifth of the man-made greenhouse gas emissions that are accelerating climate change.
- The water needs of livestock far exceed those of vegetable or grain crops
Sample Meatless Menu Items
- Apple cinnamon waffles
- Caprese panini
- Black bean burgers with corn salsa
- Yellow zucchini ravioli with pesto cheese filling
- Black bean and vegetable stew with rice, shaved radish, cilantro, and lime
- Short-grain brown rice and roasted vegetables with sweet chili garlic sauce
Adequate hydration is a very important aspect of wellness for seniors. Our signature Hearth-Healthy Hydration water features carefully picked fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs (such as apple, cinnamon, cucumber and rosemary) for their health-promoting properties—as well as for enhanced flavor!
Drinking more water combats dehydration, helps to fight urinary tract infections and reduces the risk of falls.Close
Main Desk- For all other inquiries